Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Favorite Products...You Asked So Here They Are!

For last 15 years or so I have been a guinea pig for just about every product out there.  I could basically open up a Walgreens store with the amount of products in my bathroom.  I'm always reading up on new moisturizers, awesome eye shadow colors, or the best hair sprays and it only fuels my fire to go out and buy and try them.  I've been doing make-up and styling hair for friends and clients for years and have come across every single beauty brand there is!

I realize it can be a little scary and expensive to run out and try the latest and the greatest so here's your chance to take a peek inside my makeup bag, vanity drawers, and shower!  You have all asked, so here it is...MY Favorite Products!! Take my advice and trust me, these are the BEST!

Let's start with the most important category: SKIN

I'm not even going to tell you how many thousands of dollars I've waisted trying the "best of the best" skin products out there from Bliss, Sephora, Saks, etc... It's a little ridiculous... BUT, your skin is very important and I'm glad I finally found the best for my skin.  It's not cheap but it's A-MAZING!  I'm sure you have heard all about it and have seen all the celebrities using it and it's no wonder their skin looks so amazing.  Creme de La Mer Moisturizing Cream.   Save up for it and get it.  Trust me, it will be the best investment you've ever made and your skin will be saved and preserved to look flawless forever (if you use it exactly as it directs you to).  Your skin's texture and overall color will be revived and you'll be able to see the difference after only a few weeks of daily usage.  Most luxury retailers sell it (Neiman Marcus,  Nordstrom, etc) and if you buy it in person you can get samples for other La Mer products.  Go to this link to see and hear all about the Miracle Broth that's in this sensational creme: Creme de La Mer



If you convert to La Mer you might as well try their eye creme for an overall perfect skin regimen.  Same miracle ingredients and just enough moisture to de-puff and brighten your eyes. 


When it comes to cleansers and toners I'm all about drugstore brands.  I've tried the "fancy" brands and I have always been happier with Neutrogena products at the end of the day.  So, here is my favorite cleanser, toner, body wash & body spray (for those of you who work out & have break outs).

         



For the more serious skin care issues...

We all have a few wrinkles, dark spots, or scars that we want to repair and the best thing for them are vitamin c, retinol (in small dosages), and glycolic acids (also in small dosages).  So, look for serums and moisturizers with one of the above....vitamin c in the morning and retinol or glycolic acid at night.  Here are some products I've used and my estheticians all recommend:




Now, let's talk HAIR!  

We are all experiencing the winter dry spells with our hair, unless you have the most perfect hair in the world,  and there are a lot of great shampoos & conditioners out there for you.  I have color-treated hair so my hair is especially dry this time of year.  However, most people don't even notice that it's dry because I use great products.  Here are my recommendations for shampoo, conditioner, and other hair products.  Keep in mind,  I've used them all and these are my very favorites!  Don't forget to mix up your shampoos & conditioners and don't use the same ones every time you wash your hair because they start to build up and your hair can become immune to them.  Here's what you'll find in my shower:


L'oreal Professional Intense Repair Shampoo
L'oreal Professional Intense Repair Conditioner 






L'oreal Professional Lumino Contrast Shampoo 
         L'oreal Professional Vitamino Color Conditioner 

Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Shampoo
                                               Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask


Loreal Liss Ultime Polymer Air Styling Cream
 
Aveda Volumizing Tonic

L'oreal Elnet Satin Hairspray




Styling Tools for Your Hair... this is tricky, because it all depends on your own natural talent to style your hair, but with a little (or a lot of) practice you can master these awesome styling tools.  Some of these are drug store brands and some are salon-only brands.  I still go to my Conair 1 1/2" curling iron (with a clip) for prettier, softer curls and I have found my favorite curling wand in the DeFabulous (hilarious name, I know).  So, both ends of the price range spectrum and both are amazing in their own right but I use them for completely different looks.  As for hair dryers, I prefer to use one with an attachment to centralize the heat on your lovely locks and create a more polished look.  Here are my suggestions:

 Defabulous Curling Wand






      

   Conair 1 1/2" Curling Iron

 Chi Flat Irons

Nan Ion Blow Dryer

ON to my FAVORITE part...MAKEUP!!  I'm not even exaggerating when I say I have tried it all when it comes to makeup.  I've experimented with everything either on myself or on friends and clients and these are my favorite makeup products...try them out & have fun experimenting with new colors!  And mix and match from every brand, drugstore & luxury. 

BRUSHES:

 Bobby Brown Powder Brush

Bobby Brown Bronzer Brush

Bobby Brown Eye Shadow Brush

Bobby Brown Blush Brush

Bobby Brown Eye Smudge Brush

Chanel Concealer Brush

Chanel Eye Liner Brush

Chanel Eye Shadow Brush

Chanel Lip Brush
MAC Eyebrow Brush

Laura Mercier Pressed Powder/Secret Camouflage Brush

  Laura Mercier Finishing Brush

 Laura Mercier Tinted Moisterizer

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer & Setting Powder

 Laura Mercier Concealer

 Chanel Double Perfecting Powder
 Nars Bronzing Powder

 Nars Blush

Nars Blush, Eyeshadow, & Lip Stick

 Smashbox Eyebrow Powder

Smashbox Eyebrow ax

 Mac Eyeshadow in Shroom

Chanel Eyeshadow Quad

Smashbox Cream Eyeliner

Dior Diorshow Waterproof Black Mascara

Chanel Lip Gloss

 MAC LipGlass

Stila Lip Glaze (in Vanilla!!)




Now you should be set!  Start experimenting with different products, colors, & styling tools and feel free to ask me questions. Have fun!!


  

3 comments:

  1. While Creme De Lamer maybe an expensive and good products for some people, it did nothing for me but a visit to a dermatologist and looking ugly for a couple of weeks with major break out and then recover and I am now 80% recovered with the break out.

    I tried Chanel, Sisley they are expensive and they did the same harm to my skin, so I am going back to much less expensive brand and organics which I used for years and never had issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Fashion Finds: Thank you so much for your comment. We all have different skin and it's always important to know what works and doesn't work for some people. I had the same reaction to many other skin products (Dr. Brandt, Kiehl's, Oil & Olay, etc) and I've had the best results from La Mer. But, that's just me (and quite a few of my friends & clients). Thank you for your comment & for following my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are the first 6 lipglasses from the left and the third in from the right called ? please..

    ReplyDelete